Qscape new release
Version 20.2 18th July 2019
1. QSoft/QHard/QTools - Make Hatch Boundaries Visible - Routine failed. (Make Hatch boundaries invisible worked though). Regression added in V20.0.
2. Startup - Register for License Key - Register by Email option - Open preferred Browser option - Failed to register serial number and delete old license information on pc. So license key activation would fail using this method. Feature/Regression added in V20.0.
Version 20.1 11th July 2019
1. QSoft - PolyM2 tab - Drawing closed polylines (eg planting beds) - The original polyline failed to be deleted (if using automatic offset) when drawn in a clockwise direction. Regression added in V20.0.
Version 20.0 7th June 2019
Supported CAD versions
· BricsCAD Pro (or higher) V16 to V19
· AutoCAD 2016 to 2020
1. AutoCAD 2020 supported.
2. QSettings - QPSLTSCALE - Paper/Model space scaling – (QPSLTSCALE command) – This is a new Qscape setting/interface that allows you to override Qscape's default MODEL space linetype scaling, (PSLTSCALE = 0) with PAPER space linetype scaling (PSLTSCALE = 1). The QPSLTSCALE interface will allow you to physically rescale the Qscape linetype entities so they are correctly scaled for a sepcified viewport scale eg 1:200. We do recommend using MODEL space scaling where possible (as the Qscape polyline lin file is optimised for this), but on occasions where PSLTSCALE=1 is required (for instance to tie in with drawings/work by others – this interface makes it quick and easy to toggle back and forth between paper/model space linetype scaling. Please note if you have been using the “PsltscaleFix” patch, “qpsltscale” replaces that functionality but it won’t be compatible with legacy drawings converted to PSLTSCALE=1 (using the aforementioned patch).
3. QTools toolbar - "QLayerOrder" button - (QLAYERORDER command) - Launches an interface that allows changing the draw order of layers through drag and drop actions, "bring to top" buttons etc. The "gathered" layer order is determined by the last drawn entity on a layer.
4. QTools toolbar - "QXrefOrder" button - (QXREFORDER command) - Launches an interface that allows changing the draw order of all xrefs in a drawing through drag and drop actions, "bring to top" buttons etc.
5. BricsCAD only – QTools toolbar - "QAddVertex" button - (QADDVERTEX command) for quickly adding a vertex to an existing polyline without going through the "Quad" (while pressing <Ctrl>) or using the "pedit" command.
6. QHard - PolyM tab – suite of buttons/tools for working with PolyM triple polylines - (NB These functions may not work on legacy drawings, but will on drawings produced going forward):
i. “Select” button – Creates a gripped selection of QHard PolyM polyline(s) along with the two associated edge lines (if applicable). Either the PolyM polyline or the Edge Line can be picked. Note there are command line options to choose what is selected eg all 3 polylines, or outer or inner.
iii. “Trim” button – trims triple polyline(s) in a single click.
iv. “Extend” button - extend triple polyline(s) in a single click.
v. “Edge Line colour toggle” button - toggles colour of edge lines between bylayer and the middle polyline entity colour.
1. QHard - PolyM - Edge Line layer naming convention - The "dumb" edge lines which "sandwich" the main dashed/complex polyline now have more intelligent naming convention. They are now placed on layer QD-Edge Line_Hard, QD-Edge Line_Hard_Kerb, QD-Edge Line_Hard_Paving or QD-Edge Line_Hard_Enclosure" as appropriate. The target layer is derived from text pattern matching the layer of the main polyline eg if text string “KERB” is in the layer name - “QD-Edge Line_Hard_Kerb” will automatically be delegated as the layer name for the edge lines. This makes layer control easier on a completed drawing easier eg for instance so you can turn off internal paving lines but keep Kerb lines etc.
2. QHard - PolyM - Swap mode - Now swaps triple polylines in their entirety. The width and the two "sandwich" edge-lines will also be recalibrated accordingly. NB This feature won’t work on legacy drawing, but will on drawings produced going forwards.
3. Qscape License Requests - Interface improved both for "online" registering and "by email" registering. Less onerous required fields with just name and email now minimum requirement. Third option for "Register by Email" added which launches default email client.
4. "Luprec" (Linear Unit Precicision Setting) - This would previously be reset to 3 (0.000) at startup by Qscape. This is to the nearest millimeter (if working at 1 CAD unit = 1 metre). This has been now bumped up to change a drawing's luprec setting to 4, (if less than that value) at Startup. A luprec value of 4 is CAD's default value, 8 is the maximum value.
5. QMeasure - Plant Schedule (Table style) Import - These can now only be imported into model space. Paper space imports would get discombobulated when toggling between "mm" and "m".
6. QMeasure - Plant Schedule (Table style) Import – Tables now brought in as linework and mtext, as the Tables were proving intransient for rescaling, switching units etc. KISS "Keep It Simple & Stupid" principle applied.
7. QSettings - "Metres/Millimetres Rescale Drawing" – Renamed and dialogue box reformatted to be clearer. Checkbox has been added giving the option to update the zoom factors of the viewports as part of the process.
8. QSettings - QViewport - If a viewport is active - the centering tool now automatically centers it.
9. QTools – added to "Qscape" menu drop down – this submenu duplicates the toolbar, but allows the functions to be more instantly readable than the toolbar.
10. QSettings - Metres/Millimetres - Rescale existing entities - "Regenall" call added to end of routine, to reduce the need to type “regen” after using the function.
1. Qscape License Requests - Online option - Will now fail for earlier versions of Qscape due to website switch from http to https protocol.
2. QTools - Add user defined label - failed to show the textbox form due to depreciated subroutine. Depreciation added Qscape v18.0.
3. QSoft - Poly M - "Swap" mode - the last drawn polyline was swapped rather than necessarily the actual picked polyline.
4. QPlants/QMeasure - Mixes eg Plant Mixes, Hedge Mixes etc - Constituent percentages of plants didn't display correctly for single integer percentages eg "5%" if there was an empty space in the database for instance "10% Ilex aquifolium.." works; "5% Ilex aquifolium.." works but " 5% Ilex aquifolium.." did not work, note the black space at front.
5. QPlantPARTNER - Product Import - For product sizes where there is a PlantPARTNER image or if they are non-typical size - the imported plant Spacing value became discombobulated.
6. QPlantPARTNER - Schedule Import - Failed further to an update to PP website.
7. QSettings - Metre/Millimetres - Rescale Existing drawing - Erronously recalculated Ltype scales of polylines when the setting PSLTSCALE = 1 (On) ie Linetype scaling set to PAPER space. (Ltscales should stay the same not change).
8. QSoft - Poly M2 - Draw Polyline using Swap mode - When swapping to a complex polyline, the "linetype generation" setting of the new entity wasn't turned on, so the symbols sometimes appeared on the wrong side of the polyline eg on curves.
9. QAbout – Telephone and address updated to new details.
10. QPlants - All/Used Plants toggle - failed when mixes including constituent plants displayed were in the drawing and the number of characters in the mtext entity exceeded 250. So larger mixes caused the routine to break.
11. AutoCAD only - HTML controls/forms - several Internet Explorer Script error messages would pop up when launched for certain websites (ones using Joomla/Wordpress) eg Qscape website. This affected registering for license keys using online option and "Contact Us" forms etc accessed off QAbout. (Process still worked but was off-putting to end user). HTML Controls now replaced with browser for AutoCAD.
Version 19.0 20th November 2018
Supported CAD versions
· BricsCAD Pro (or higher) V16 to V19
· AutoCAD 2016 to 2019
1. BricsCAD V19 supported.
2. Command "QBlockDefsUpdate" - routine to update existing block definitions in a legacy drawing with new definitions as amended/stored in the "My Qscape Documents" folder. Please read command-line carefully when using as it contains options to do certain blocks or update all block definitions.
1. QSoft/QHard – Blocks tab - Settings – Block redefining - code updated to more efficient code as developed for “QBlockDefsUpdate” routine.
1. "Dimdec" (Dimension Precison) setting was reset to 0 by Qscape at Start Up causing dimensions (eg linear dimensions) to appear as round numbers (eg 40 rather than 39.95) when this behaviour is not necessarily desired. This setting can be reset on the command line by typing "dimdec" and then entering an integer for instance 0 for no decimal precision to 3 for 3 point decimal precision.
2. QPlants - Adding Hedge or Plant Mixes - Obsolete command line muttering regarding undo marks had appeared.
Version 18.0 12th September 2018
Supported CAD versions
· BricsCAD Pro (or higher) V13 to V18
· AutoCAD 2013 to 2019
1. AutoCAD 2019 supported.
2. Preliminary support for High Res Screens - Qscape GUI's (forms, controls, fonts etc) are now scaled in accordance with the Windows Display/DPI settings eg Text, App etc Scaling Overrides. NB Graphic buttons on GUI's and CAD toolbars/ribbon, don't yet scale unfortunately - So for small, super high res screens, where the App Scaling override needs to be very large, it is still better to "stop" down the resolution in Windows' "Display settings" to something like 1920 x 1080p. (NB After changing display settings in Windows, you should log out then in again for CAD to work properly).
3. QSoft/QHard - Hatch Settings - Hatch Selection icons – Proper hatch selection palette added (with long overdue preview icons). This replaces the rather unhelpful dropdown list of hatch names when select hatch patterns for a new/existing hatch entity.
4. Command "QDocsPath" - Opens a dialogue box telling you whether you using Qscape in "Local" or "Network" mode and gives you the Windows path to your current "My Qscape Documents" folder. It also gives you to open the folder in Windows Explorer.
5. Commands "QDocsZip", "QDocsUnzip", "QDocsExport", "QDocsImport" – All do the same thing and are a command line way of launching the revamped "My Qscape Documents - Zip/Unzip" GUI. See item 4 under "Improved" for more information.
6. Command "QNetworkSettings" - Alternative command line method to Launch the "Local/Network Settings" dialogue box (rather than going through QSettings interface.
1. QTools - QCoordinates (adds Eastings Northings to drawings) – Command line option added to change the label style from Easting Northing style eg "1234E, 1234N" etc to XY style eg "X = 1234, Y = 1234".
2. Command "Remove_Qscape" – now always available even if Qscape isn't launched. For instance to remove a trial. NB This command doesn't delete files or registry - it only removes the menu file and file support path from the current active CAD profile.
3. QSettings "Local/Network Settings" - Browse button - For browsing to network "My Qscape Documents" folders is now less "picky" - it will still work if a parent or subfolders (of the “My Qscape Documents” folder) is selected.
4. QSettings - "My Qscape Documents - Zip/Unzip" - (renamed from "My Qscape Documents - Export/Import"). Interface refreshed to be clearer. Routines now improved to allow seamless replacing of current active "My Qscape Documents" folders in both "Local" and "Network" mode. All overwritten folders are automatically first backed up (in case future recovery is required). The unzipping process will also takes you to Qscape's download page, should an update be required to connect to the newly extracted folder. This GUI can now also be activated from the command line see item 5 under “New”.
5. Automated "My Qscape Documents" folder backups - (are now automatically done when a Qscape is user is about to overwrite a folder through the Qscape interface). Routines now have unlimited backups, (formerly there was a maximum limit of 5). Additionally a text file is now automatically created called "Backup_Creation_Notes.txt" in the backed up folder. This text file contains pertinent information about the backup for recovery purposes (ie the original folder name and path, whether it was retained or deleted, the Qscape user at the time and the date and time the backup was created).
6. "My Qscape Documents" folder - Automated rebuilding of non-crucial folders - Both the "Flags" and "Qscape Schedules" folders can be intermittently empty. When manually zipping a "My Qscape Documents" folder through Windows sometimes empty folders can be omitted from the zip file. This would cause Qscape to error later if reading to the subsequently unzipped folder eg when creating editing flags or making a cost estimate or plant schedule. The missing sub directories are now created "on the fly" as required should they become missing.
7. Qscape Startup - If Qscape doesn't launch for instance because it isn’t licensed or it couldn’t connect to the “My Qscape Documents” folder, a command line message is returned saying so.
1. AutoCAD 2016 & Later - QPlants - Find - Crash when zooming/unzooming to found labels due to new command-s calls being required.
2. QTools - QScalebar - Routine failed when layer 0 was locked. Possibly also failed in AutoCAD 2016 onwards (due to not using command-s calls). Also removed off putting command line message saying command "not allowed in paperspace" when routine was used.
3. QMeasure - Qscape Cost Rates dialogue – A typo (landcape) corrected on Tab Strip.
4. QPlantPARTNER - Product Import – The (Qscape) Product Import - plant data fields became discombobulated after a PlantPARTNER website update.
5. QPlants - Settings - Palette Actions - Dropbox/Cloud buttons erroneously still on the dialogue despite being depreciated in v17.0.
6. QSettings - My Qscape Documents Import/Export - Dropbox/Cloud references still on the dialogue despite being depreciated in v17.0. NB Item now renamed "My Qscape Documents - Zip/Unzip". See Item 4 under “Improved”.
7. QSoft – “Poly M2 tab” – Some item descriptions became corrupted to “1” or “0”. Regression added Qscape v15.0/v15.1. The Extraneous Update works at Startup after V16.0 (or later) update were meant to fix the bug, unfortunately it appears Network "My Qscape Documents" weren't fixed after all. Issue now hopefully fixed for V18.0 (or later) post installation extraneous updates. NB This is an obscure bug and probably would not be noticed by most.
8. Qscape Startup - Qscape would erroneously connect to a later release version of a "My Qscape Documents" folder in Network mode. Qscape now warns the user, gives the user the opportunity to download the latest version of Qscape or revert back to "Local" mode.
1. License troubleshoot commands added - "qregistermac" command to allow registering for a license key using a specific mac address; "qipconfig" command collects a pc's Network Adapter info and writes it to a text file called qipcfg.txt on desktop. Nb "qipconfigopen" opens qipcfg.txt in Notepad.
2. The DosLib loader moved to menu file, so DosLib is now installed prior to the Qscape session starting, so DosLib copywrite now appear at the start of the CAD session rather than at Qscape launch.
3. QSettings - Local/Network Settings - now simply relaunches Qscape after closing. This is to simplify code, so global variable resetting, version checks etc can all be handled in one place (start up) rather than in several places within the code.
4. AutoCAD - File support Paths - "..Qscape\\Menu" subfolder now added to File support Paths at start up. (AutoCAD 2019 requires Partial Menu files to be in file support paths despite not being necessary for AutoCAD 2018 and 2017). Blanket added this for all AutoCAD installations as a precaution.
2. QBlocks – The "Insert" Button was missing its caption and was disabled. Inserting blocks also failed. Regression added in V17.1.
1. "Luprec" setting - This setting (Linear Unit Precision) controls how many decimal places CAD displays. Previously Qscape would configure CAD to show precision (eg measurements) to three decimal places (eg 5.123m) when working in metres and zero decimal places when working in mm (eg 5123mm). The luprec setting also affects some settings such as the "plinewid" setting (polyline width). So you could have a legacy plinewid setting of 0.05 but it will only displays as 0 (if working in mm). Unfortunately CAD doesn't display arcs when “plinewid” is set to very small number (but not 0) eg 0.05. Due to this potential confusion, Qscape is modified to sets luprec to 3 at start up (whether working in metres or mm).
Version 17.1 22nd February 2018
1. QPlantPARTNER - The "Import into Qscape Palette" button failed to appear when browsing to “Schedules” and “Product” pages in PlantPARTNER. Issue caused by Qscape not accommodating for PP urls upgrading to the secure “https” protocol.
2. New document event handing in CAD (OnDocEvents) - (ie user switches between open drawings, some with Qscape launched and some without) caused modeless GUI's to freeze and/or error messages to appear on the command line and occasionally system crashes. OnDocEvents are now defined for all Qscape modeless GUIs whenever the Qscape menu file is loaded.
3. QSettings - "My Qscape Documents - Export/Import" – (Exports/Imports the user’s folder to a zip file). Process failed. Regression added in V17.0.
1. Code - QPlantPARTNER - Further work to the robustness of Schedule/Product Import. (At programmer troubleshoot level - Matrices (and not just lists) are generated (and printed to test htm files) to aid troubleshooting).
2. Code – GUI’s – The new Odcl 8 lisp symbol naming convention now fully implemented.
Supported CAD versions
· BricsCAD Pro (or higher) V13 to V18
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2018
1. BricsCAD V18 supported.
2. QSettings – “QPlants - Label Size” setting – Allows the control of font heights allocated to anticipated plot scales eg 1:100, 1:200 etc. Font heights can be allocated to just the current drawing and/or to Qscape defaults. There are also options to update existing entities in the current drawing and to revert back to “factory” settings.
1. QPlants – Inputting Plant Mix Labels into drawing – Closed polyline selection behaviour now aligned with other categories such as “Shrubs”, “Herbaceous” etc. So Private line lassoos will be retained/deleted in accordance with QSettings (“QPlants – Lassoo Actions”). Qscape will also automatically attempt to generate a lassoo if user clicks into blank space rather than selecting a closed polyline.
2. QSoft/QHard - "Descriptions" - (allocated to Qscape layers and appears in Excel Cost Estimates/Keys). Non-alphanumeric characters such as speech marks or punctuation now supported.
1. Qscape Palette (UK) – Shrub - Spiraea - spelling corrected from Spirea. (NB will only affect new installs).
2. QMeasure - Cost Estimates tab - Export to Excel - Failed if the current drawing file extension was upper case eg "MyDrawing.DWG" rather than "MyDrawing.dwg".
3. QPLantPLANTPARTNER - Schedule Import - Broke due to changes to PlantPARTNER website.
4. QPLantPLANTPARTNER – Schedule/Product Import - Surplus spaces in PlantPARTNER specification information stripped out before import into Qscape. Eg for bulbs/wildflowers - “Full pot” would become “Full pot”.
5. QMeasure - Plant Schedule Import (Table format) - Further information at bottom of Schedule eg "- Substitutions to be agreed with Landscape Architect" etc was missed off.
6. QSoft - Poly M tab - Automatic Offset - If offset button is set to on, but no distance entered in the offset distance textbox, the polyline got deleted (rather than retained but not offset).
7. Start-up – The user prompt on the command line was lost after the Qscape Web/copyright information. (“cmdecho” setting).
8. “Cmdecho” setting - Qscape turned off cmdecho (Command Echo) setting at start up. This could cause confusion to advanced CAD users working interactively with lisp on the command line, due to missing prompts and messages. Code substantially rewritten to only surpress (and restore) cmdecho as and when required.
9. AutoCAD (probably 2015 onwards) - Launching Qscape from the "QAbout" dialogue box (as appears by default when a button is pressed before Qscape is launched) caused fatal error. (Command-s call issue).
1. QSettings - Auto Launch - This feature automatically launched Qscape every time a drawing was opened (It is set to off by default). A bug arose in BricsCAD V17 where by using the double-click method to open more than one drawing in quick succession caused BricsCAD V17 to fatal error. As it is bad practice to launch Qscape in drawings where Qscape is not required this feature has been depreciated.
2. QDropbox - Depreciated due to API changes by Dropbox and the removal of "Public" folder functionality. This means Qscape is now unable to second guess the generated sharing link urls.
3. QClip command - (For punching holes or removal into xrefs/blocks). Depreciated as the native "xclip" command does the same, including “punching” holes into xrefs/blocks.
1. Qscape Menu files - moved to their own subfolder with in the primary Qscape folder.
2. "QLicstatus" command - returns license information such as days to expiry or license troubleshooting information on command line.
1. QPlantPARTNER - code substantially rewritten, so should be more tolerant to PlantPARTNER website updates (and in the future, if it does get broken, easier to fix).
1. BricsCAD V17 (v17.2.04 onwards) and AutoCAD - Start up - Failed if the current layer in the drawing is locked. Regression added in v16.0 (Qload_Ltypes subroutine).
2. AutoCAD - QPLANTPARTNER Product & Schedule Import - Although fixed for BricsCAD in the previous release, there was an unanticipated diversion in how website html code was read between the two CAD packages.
Version 16.0 6th April 2017
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2018
· BricsCAD Pro/Platinum V13 to V17.
1. Support for AutoCAD 2018.
2. "QViewport" - Accessed from command line or from QSettings. This is a tool/dialogue box that creates, modifies and queries viewports. The advantage over native controls is that it takes in account whether the user is using millimetres or metres and you can just select the desired scale eg “1:200, 1:100” etc. It will also test/convert the scale of existing viewports. Another advantage is that it allows users to predetermine the centre point of the viewports in modelspace.
1. QAbout – Qscape version information made clearer.
1. QAbout - Check for new updates - Download dialogue box (if applicable) visited out of date urls.
2. QPlantPARTNER - Product and Schedule Import failed.
3. AutoCAD 2014 (possibly 2015 too?) - Start up failed. This was due to confict in the loading Qscape Linetypes (block insert/redefine) routine using newly implemented command-s calls.
4. AutoCAD 2017 - QSettings - Several settings failed due to new command-s calls being required. Fixed Settings are "Metre/Millimetres - Change existing drawing"; "Qscape Layer Prefix"; "QPlants - Label Style"; "QPlants - Leader Style"; "Qscape's Default Layer settings"; "Drawing Sheet Setup".
5. QSoft/QHard – Tooltips - Several were out of date/incorrect.
6. Qscape V15.1 and V15.2 users - QSoft - PolyM2 – Some users reported their item descriptions getting corrupted to “1” or “0”. This was most obviously visible when producing keys or exporting cost estimates to Excel. (Patches were issued as required at the time). Patch now included in the extraneous update works launched at start-up when new install detected just in case any affected users are unaware of the bug.
Version 15.2 25th February 2017
1. New user installs - Start up error. Due to extraneous update works routine for v15.1 not accounting for new users. (Existing users worked fine).
Version 15.1 8th February 2017
1. Language Localisation available - More information available on request.
2. Currency Localisation available – More information available on request.
3. QSettings - QSoft/QHard - Cost Rates – All cost rates can now be accessed and tweaked in a single here. (Can still also be accessed through the QMeasure - Cost Estimate tab).
1. QSoft – Poly M2 - Settings – Hedges – Qscape has always treated hedges differently. Rather than measuring their area, it derives a length measurement from the circumference of the hedge polyline, working on the assumption hedges are generally between 0.5 and 1.5m wide. Previously Qscape knew a layer was a hedge by searching for the text string “hedge” within the layer name. Now you expressly tell Qscape if a layer is a hedge using a checkbox in a “Hedge” column on the “Properties” grid. The “Costs” grid now explicitly says the measurement unit is “m (derived)” rather than ”m2” which it wasn’t. NB All legacy hedges on the “Poly m2” tab will automatically be updated in this fashion. In future, if you are adding hedge layers, you need to tell Qscape that they are hedges using the checkbox and there is no requirement to have the text string “hedge” in the item/layer name.
1. QAbout – Registered business address changed 6th January 2017.
2. QSettings/QPlants - Changing Plotscale - When working in mm in a scale other than the default 1:200, the Mtext labels were tiny (because the Textstyle font scale wasn’t scaled up from metres).
3. QSettings - Plotscale - Changing existing labels - If QPlants was active, an error message appeared and the label on QPlants wasn't updated. Routine worked apart from that though.
4. QMeasure - Cost Estimate Settings - "Derive total lengths of hedges from plant labels" feature now depreciated. With apologies, this feature has become untenable because it doesn’t take account of multiple hedge layers with multiple cost rates. There is no way to know which layer (and costs) to allocate to the counted hedge labels. Please remember that Cost Estimates are exactly that, just "Estimates". So, for super precise measurements of hedge lengths should be derived from the plant schedule rather than the cost estimate.
5. BricsCAD V17 (17.1.17 and earlier) - Exporting mixes to Excel - Mix break downs are not properly split into the correct columns. This is due to a regression that developed in BricsCAD’s “wcmatch” function. (Fixed for the next BricsCAD release).
6. AutoCAD 2017– QSoft/QHard – Poly m2/Poly m Settings – The Properties tab grids failed to populate correctly due to a subroutine (to load Qscape linetypes) requiring a “command-s” call.
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2017
· BricsCAD Pro/Platinum V13 to V17.
1. Support for BricsCAD V17. NB Minimum build required is 17.1.09.
2. "My Qscape Documents" folder backups – backups are now created when user is overwriting folders (through the Qscape interface). If a user is copying their "My Qscape Documents" folder from the "Local" location to the "Network" location or vice versa, and agrees to overwrite the old folder when queried, Qscape will create a back up the old folder into a "Deleted Qscape Documents" folder within the same mother directory. Up to 5No. legacy copies of Qscape Documents will be retained in this fashion. This procedure is designed to aid trouble shooting for users who have accidentally overwrite their “My Qscape Documents” (through copying using “local/network settings” interace). NB This is not a substitute for inhouse backup protocols as it can’t protect against system failures/user errors outside of Qscape’s control eg deleting through Windows. The “Deleted Qscape Documents” folder can be manually deleted if desired, it doesn’t affect Qscape’s operation.
3. QSoft/QHard/QPlants data file back ups - When editing layer settings/costs and plant databases - a backup copy (up to a maximum of 10) of the original data file is made in the "Back up" folder of "My Qscape Documents" (one per day) every time one is accessed through the Qscape interface. This is to aid data restoring, should something untoward happen such a user accidentally deleting their data when editing a plant or a hatch setting for instance.
1. About Qscape (QAbout) dialogue - "Check for updates" button - added as more visible than the previously used hyperlink.
1. Start up - Pop up Tray Window in bottom right of screen - information was truncated (on certain setups).
Version 14.2 20th October 2016
1. QPlants – Error Handler - When triggered (Escape pressed) whilst inputting lassoos,– The error handler failed and then offered an innocuous looking command line option to "undo all?". As it is easy to miss and the default answer is "Yes", it was very easy to inadvertently undo an entire day’s work with no “redo” option! (Regression added in V14.1).
2. QMeasure - "Edit Costs button" – Failed and went into error in Network mode, when a flag is found indicating that the cost databases are/have been edited by others.
Version 14.1 29th September 2016
1. QPlants - Adding a Plant - Automatic Lassoo generation - When adding a plant such as a shrub, bamboo, herbaceous etc. If there is no lassoo to pick, just pick a point (with in a closed boundary) and Qscape will attempt to automatically generate a lassoo, measure it (and optionally delete) for you and start your label leader.
2. QPlants – Recalculate Plant numbers to new polyline - Automatic Lassoo generation – See above.
3. QTools - "QCoordinates" button - Adds labels to user selected points on a drawing showing the Northings and Eastings coordinates (using World coordinates). To aid production of setting out drawings.
4. QPlants - Find/Replace dialogue - 3 new buttons:
i. "Unzoom" - Reverts back to previous view (after zooming into a found label).
ii. "Textbox All" - Add a text boxes on a non-plotting layer of all the instances of that plant.
iii. "Untextbox All" - Removes all textboxes.
5. QTools - "QSel" command enhancements (for querying and selecting drawing entities) - Area and Length information now returned, always returned in metres even if drawing is set up for mm. Returned information can now also be copied to Window's clipboard.
1. Dialogue screen centering failsafe added - Sometimes modeless dialogue boxes eg QSoft, QHard, QPlants can get lost "off screen" in Windows. To get around this a failsafe has been added each time a dialogue is launched. First time you launch it - it is opened in the previous used location. Second time you launch it, assuming its open (and possibly off screen) it automatically centers the dialogue box on the screen.
2. QPlants – Useful buttons moved to more prominent locations – The moved buttons are the “Plant label numbers recalibrate” button and the “Plant Find and Replace” button.
3. QSettings/QPlants - "Lassoo Actions" – Renamed from “Keep/Delete Lassoos” and additionally added to QPlants – Settings dialogue box.
4. AutoCAD – Lassoos generation - can be generated within non Qscape layer polyline boundary sets. (BricsCAD already did this).
5. QPlants - Adding a plant - Selected polyline/lassoo stays highlighted until the plant label is brought in (to reduce chance of accidentqally selecting the wrong polyline).
6. QAbout - Release date
- format upgraded from 29.9.16 to 29th
1. AutoCAD 2015 onwards - QSoft, QHard, QPlants Error Handlers failed - due to it not accepting "Command" calls within it. (Changed to "command-s").
2. QSoft/QHard/QPlants – Osnap/Esnap – When using “Pick point” drawing mode (or lassoos) - Osnap is temporarily supressed by design, but wasn't reinstated if the error handler was triggered. (Escape pressed).
3. QSoft/QHard - Hatching – Assorted hatch settings not reinstated if error handler was triggered (escape pressed) – Settings were hpassoc, hpbound, hpname, hpscale, hpseparate, hpang, hplayer.
4. BricsCAD - QPlants - Error handler - "Promptmenu" settings - not reinstated after being suppressed.
5. QAbout - PDF User Manual - failed to open.
6. QTools - QScalebar - At 1:5 scale, because it was such a small scale, a couple of incorrect numbers appeared due to rounding up of numbers to one decimal place.
7. QMeasure - Plant Scheduling – Unnecessary command line message - If all ignore lines found are actually frozen, unnecessary command line message appears "0No. Ignore polygon(s) found. Subtracting entities, please wait...".
8. TrayWindow popup in bottom right of screen - (appears at start up to indicate current settings or as a warning if using a twisted view). Was a third party function, but was causing crash reports to be generated in BricsCAD V16 (Windows 7) and crash info to appear in Windows 10's EventViewer. Function now rewritten as integrated part of Qscape to prevent this. Colour changed to green to fit in with other Qscape graphics.
Version 14.0 12th May 2016
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2017 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· BricsCAD Pro/Platinum V12 to v16.
1. Support for AutoCAD 2017.
2. QPlants - Recalibrate existing plant label to a new/changed closed polyline button - Found at bottom of QPlants with other plant labelling functions. Simply select an existing label and a corresponding closed polyline and the quantities in the label will be recalibrated. The function also has a command line option to recalibrate plant numbers to linear polylines too.
3. QPlants – Shortcut button directly to QSoft's "Blocks" tab - for quick insertion of blocks on the fly when doing planting plans.
4. "QToolbar" command - (Commandline only) - forces show and float of Qscape Toolbars in the CAD interface. Useful for Ribbon users who still want the Qscape toolbars within the interface. Also useful if the toolbars have been turned off or accidentally pushed off screen for any user. See also “Qmenu” command (Item 8, under “Improved” heading below).
1. QPlants - Improved graphics, tooltips and command line user prompts through out.
2. QPlants - "Multi" toggle – toggles rationalised to single toggle button and moved to bottom of QPlants next to Background Mask toggle and with the other plant label function buttons. Style updated.
3. QPlants – “Background Mask” toggle – style updated.
4. QPlants - Used plants toggle added to each tab next to the column toggles.
5. QSettings - Optimise BricsCAD/AutoCAD Settings (qconfigure) - Set cross hair size option - reduced from 5 pixels to 4 pixels. (5 pixels started seems a tad too big).
6. Startup - Ribbon
Interface users - Qscape toolbars now added as a
matter of course after a new install/update.
This is because in the latest iterations of AutoCAD they are easier to
turn off than to manually add to the user interface should they be
required. (The new "qtoolbar" command also helps in this regard).
7. "QMenu" command - (Commandline only) - Forces loading of Qscape menu and toolbars. AutoCAD Ribbon users now asked whether they want the Qscape toolbars (Qscape and QTools) added to the interface. This is for Ribbon users who prefer having the easy access of the Qscape toolbars within the Ribbon interface.
8. BricsCAD V16 (and later) - QSettings - Optimise BricsCAD Settings (qconfigure) - Time Sensitive Right click option added.
9. Qscape program folders – Rationalised to a single working folder (in Program Files). Reduces Qscape clutter in CAD’s “program options/settings” eg File Support Paths, Trusted Paths etc. NB The “My Qscape Documents” folder remains unchanged and separate.
1. QSoft/QHard - Blocks Tab - "Swap" drawing mode - Command line error if no entity selected.
2. BricsCAD - Quad Display setting - By default, the Quad is displayed on right click of the Mouse (“quaddisplay” setting). This interfered with Qscape's right-click repeat/shortcut menu show actions. Quad right click activation - now turned off at Qscape start up.
3. Startup – Rogue font files causing system crash – This occurred due to Qscape not "liking" a few font files (if allocated to a Qscape label style) such as "ISOCP". The offending font files are actually ".shx" files found in the BricsCAD/AutoCAD's support paths rather than the usual ".ttf" files found in the Windows's fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts). It was the support of "Big Fonts" aspect of the shx files which broke Qscape.
4. QSoft/QHard - Entity Input mode toggles - Incorrect tooltip for "Swap" mode. Control heights were inconsistent.
5. QSoft/QHard - Polyline generation - Failed when CAD's "Plinetype" setting (governs handling of old style pre AutoCAD R14 polylines) was set to 0 rather than the default value 2. This is now fixed at Qscape’s start up.
6. Plant databases - Mixes - Data file editing - Capital "C" for centers/centres text caused parsing failure. Eg Plant Mix 1 planted @ 3m Centres failed but Plant Mix 1 planted @ 3m centres worked.
Version 13.2 22nd February 2016
1. QPlants/QMeasure - Plant Data files - Capitals for spacing for Mixes/Hedges eg "3/M2" not just "3/m2" now supported.
1. PlantPARTNER - Schedule Import broken - Fixed and hopefully made more robust, including "catching" more PlantPARTNER plants, such as those included in mixes and own self defined groups.
2. QMeasure - Plant Scheduling Crash Analysis - The Mix name which failed not always correctly returned.
3. QMeasure - Plant Scheduling - Traffic Light - now set to red when counting routine initiated, to avoid false positive green light (if crash occurs).
Version 13.1 4th December 2015
1. QMeasure - Cost Estimating/Plant Scheduling - This was slow (sometimes extremely) where lengthy and complex Measure/Ignore polygon arrangements were found in large drawings. Qscape code now optimised to improve speed (sometimes significantly) with such drawings. NB The “windows polygon” selection function within CAD’s engine can be slow, so the less the number of polygons and the less number of vertexes within polygons the better. Unusually BricsCAD is much slower than AutoCAD in this regard, therefore the process may still take around a minute for exceptional drawings. Bricsys have been made aware of this performance differential and are working to fix the issue. (NB generally BricsCAD has a quicker engine than AutoCAD).
2. Startup - New license key registration - Existing user checkbox (for faster registration with just an email address) moved to more visible location and highlighted yellow.
Version 13.0 12th November 2015
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2016 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· BricsCAD Pro/Platinum V12 to V16.
1. BricsCAD V16 now supported.
1. QPlants - Plant Data files editing – Improved the parsing methods of datafiles to allow more flexibility of editing of the data bases. Plant Scheduling/QPlants generation is now more robust on the following levels:
i) More flexibility with the allowable information for each plant. For instance for spacing type in Hedge Mixes, you don't need to write " in a " to obtain a the spacing type. eg "NATIVE HEDGE MIX 1 planted @ 6/m in a Double Staggered Row" could be "NATIVE HEDGE MIX 1 planted @ 6/m through 4 Staggered Rows". No requirement for "in a".
ii) More spacing styles accepted eg 10cm centres, 100mm centers. NB Hedges require the "?/m" style of spacing to calculate the plant quantities (due to their linear nature).
iii) If Qscape doesn't parse the information correctly, instead of breaking the program - the offending plant/mix should still be displayed. Albeit incorrectly with "??" in the fields. This will alert the user to re-edit the offending item in the date file.
iv) If the worse happens (and hopefully it wont now) and QMeasure/Qplants breaks – the Qscape error handler should now indicate the problematic plant data file/plant on the commandline using the following format to aid trouble shooting:
**************** QMeasure Crash analysis by Qscape ****************
A problem occurred attempting to parse the "HEDGE MIXES" data file.
The problematic mix is "SPECIAL NATIVE HEDGE MIX 2".
Please re-edit the data file or contact Qscape if you require assistance.
**************** End Crash analysis by Qscape *******************
2. Qplants – Find function - More robust pattern matching of multiline mtext (eg hedge/mix labels). For instance manually edited ones contain "\\P" format characters, (manually added carriage returns), so they weren’t found.
3. Licensing – Routines tweaked so to differentiate between QArb/Qscape license keys.
4. QPlants/QMeasure – Find function - Fuzz factor added to the zoom, so zoomed in labels do not unhelpfully fill the entire screen.
5. Startup – Splash screen uang on third party copyright notices which was distracting.
1. Start up - Welcome Dialogue/Register Dialogue - "Contact Us" hyperlink was broken.
2. AutoCAD - Start up - Local/Network network settings checks failed to alert user if network connection failed.
Version 12.3 10th July 2015
1. QMeasure - Plant Schedule - Specification column - Truncation (where required) of specification column (to create multiple line specifications) now based on character count (60 characters) rather than word count (previously 6 words). This creates a more even (and aesthetically better) specification column.
1. QPlantPARTNER - Schedule Import - Was temporarily broken due to PlantPARTNER website update. Qscape code not amended as a fix provided at PlantPARTNER side 3.7.15. Included this in release notes for user information.
2. Start up - Licensing Dialogue - The "Paste License Key" button failed to enable the "Launch Qscape" button if a recognisable license key was manually entered by clicking on the license textbox.
3. QMeasure - Plant Schedule Import - Tables - If the Table is to include the specification column. Multiline specifications got corrupted and appeared in the wrong column.
Version 12.2 11th June 2015
1. Start up - 64bit processors – When launching a third party arx/brx application, a harmless error message appeared on the commandline.
1. Start up – License Key Request/Enter Dialogue - The "Paste License Key" button failed for some users because Qscape was unable to retrieve copied license key windows clipboard. Code changed, improved error handling added and option to manually type/paste license key added.
2. QSoft - Poly m2 Tab – Automatic offset - If enabled but distance is set to 0 – Polyline would disappear (rather than simply not offset).
3. BricsCAD - QSettings - Metres/Millimetres - Rescale existing drawing - Plant Label Leaders became corrupted when rescaling from mm to m.
4. BricsCAD - QSettings - Metres/Millimetres - Rescale existing drawing - Tables (eg new style Plant Schedules) became corrupted when rescaling. NB Tables are now exploded when rescaled.
Version 12.1 28th May 2015
1. QPlants - PlantPARTNER - Product and Schedule Import failed due to PlantPARTNER website update.
2. QPlants - Bamboos tab - The "Abbreviation" column visibility toggle failed.
Version 12.0 26th May 2015
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2016 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· BricsCAD Pro/Platinum v12 to v15.
1. AutoCAD 2016 now supported.
2. QMeasure - Plant Schedules – Font - Now imported using the same font as plant labels (rather than the utilitarian looking fixed width font "Lucida console"). See item 4, if old style schedule are required.
3. QMeasure - Plant Schedules - Tables - Checkbox added to allow importing of plant schedules directly as Table entities. NB These are true tables but can be optionally exploded into their simple line and mtext entities. This feature is unavailable for BricsCAD V13 or earlier.
4. QMeasure - Plant Schedules - Legacy style checkbox - This imports plant schedules in the old style using Lucida Console font. The schedule is an exact facsimile of the text file opened by pressing the "Review" button. This style is recommended if a lot of manual editing is undertaken to the plant schedule prior to importing.
1. QMeasure - Plant Schedules – Specification column/Compact style - checkbox settings are now stored in the drawing, so do not have to continually be reset.
1. Start up - Failed when in Paperspace where the cannoscale variable is set to "1'-0" = 1'-0"" and is read-only.
2. QMeasure - Plant Schedules - Specification information was added to Mixes even if the "Include Specification" checkbox was unticked.
Version 11.0 18th November 2014
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2015 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· Bricscad Pro/Platinum v12 to v15.
1. BricsCAD V15 now supported.
2. BricsCAD V15 – Qscape CUI file – Ribbon – Qscape tab added.
1. "QBaseplan" command – This brings in a demo layout for demos/training exercises. Some of the polyline gaps have been removed to better illustrate Pick Point concepts.
2. QMeasure - Plant Schedules - Notes and abbreviations – (As appended to the bottom of plant schedules). Measuring program is now more discerning to which ones are added.
3. QAbout – Qscape contact information updated with new phone number and layout refreshed.
4. BricsCAD Only - QSettings - Optimise BricsCAD's settings (qconfigure) - Right Click of Mouse better optimised for BricsCAD.
1. Start up - Splash screen - Flashed on/off too quickly, version/copyright message intermittently failed to appear, if user aborts they could be left stuck with a wait cursor.
2. QMeasure - Plant Schedules - Notes and abbreviations – (As appended to the bottom of plant schedules) – Automatic ones did not line up with user ones when the schedule was imported into the drawing.
3. QSettings - QPlants - Label Style dialogue - Incorrect current font was shown in the Font combobox.
4. QSettings - QPlants - Leader Style dialogue - Incorrect current leader shown in the combobox.
Version 10.1 8th August 2014
1. Interactivity with Qscape website - new website necessitated url remap of Qscape's online forms. For instance "license key requests, support requests, contact, bug reports, update checks etc.
2. QPlantPARTNER - Schedule/Product Import - Last Microsoft Windows update broke this functionality in Qscape. (Event Evoke property of controls now changed to synchronous).
Version 10.0 4th July 2014
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2015 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· Bricscad Pro/Platinum v11 to v14.
3. AutoCAD 2015 now supported.
4. QPlants - Favourites Tab - Major refresh to make the Favourite categories and Favourite Plants more visible and easily accessible.
5. QPlants - Automatically resizes - The GUI now resizes itself to fit the information being displayed in order to maximise drawing space “real estate” and avoid the need to continually manually resize the form. Docking has been sacrificed to gain this functionality as it was an either/or option and the resizing facility is more useful.
6. QSoft/QHard/QPlants – Database backups – A precautionary backup of the previous version of the database (before editing for that day begun) is created in folder "My Qscape Documents/Backup".
7. AutoCAD - Ribbon Interface added – Autodesk are now forcing the Ribbon interface onto their customers and consequently have removed the “Classic mode” switch from AutoCAD 2015. Qscape toolbars and menu dropdown are still available for AutoCAD 2015 users who wish to recreate a toolbar/menu interface manually.
8. QTools - "QCopy" button – This button complements the existing “QMove and “QErase” functions. It only selects entities on Qscape layers for copying.
9. New Linetype - "QLtype_066", replicates CAD's native zigzag linetype. Useful for certain types of fencing amongst other things.
10. QSoft/QHard - Qboundary button - Draws a boundary polyline on the private layer. Essentially like the lasso feature minus the “pick tail”.
11. QSettings - QPlants Leader Start Points - Allows users to override Qscape automatically starting plant label leaders at the insert point of blocks eg Trees, climbers etc. Useful for when the landscape layout is an xref, or the block insert points are in the wrong places.
5. QSoft/QHard – Blocks Tab - Settings - Defining new blocks in the drawing - Error handler improved.
6. QSoft/QHard - Layer Settings - Descriptions - Copying and pasting multi-line descriptions into the “Descriptions” textbox, broke the Settings dialogue, the next time it was launched.
7. QSoft/QHard - Layer Settings - On initialise events are now more robust in case the program encounters unexpected something unexpected in the data file (such as a multiline description).
8. QPlants - Palette Actions Dialogue Box - When clicking on a palette name to do an action - the name was highlighted and went into edit mode. It should only do this when the "Rename" button is clicked.
9. "Pickfirst" setting – setting would be reset to 0, if escaping out of "QMove" and "QErase" commands. Error handler improved to reset “PickFirst” setting to user’s original setting.
10. QSoft/QHard - Drawing Mode - "Pick" renamed to "Swap". The term "Swap" better describes what happens and less likely cause confusion with “Point”.
11. QSettings - Metres/Millimetres Change Existing Drawing - Viewport zoom factors are unow pdated even if their "display locked" property is set to True.
12. QPlants - "Used/All" label/toggle – the label is now coloured green when set to "All" and red when set to "Used".
13. QPlants - Drawing Scale – Combobox now replaced with a clickable label and moved to top of QPlants.
14. QPlants - Draw Private Line, Bed Divison Line buttons - QPoly2 Toolbar now appears along with layer information in the same way it does with QSoft.
15. BricsCAD - QSettings - Set Drawing Units - References to AutoCAD in text removed.
5. BricsCAD V14 - QSettings - "Metre/Millimetres - Change existing drawing" - Leaders became corrupted when rescaling from millimetres to metres.
6. Startup - If using an unsupported version of BricsCAD, an error message failed to appear.
7. BricsCAD V14 - QHard/QSoft - Adding hatches using Pick Point methods. Where there are Mtext islands - hatch would be incorrectly made invisible when using Qscape hatch boundary visibility functions. This is due to a bug in BricsCAD V14 (as tested on 14.2.09) and has been reported to Bricsys. Patch added to Qscape in the meantime.
8. QSettings - Qscape Layer Prefix - Some delimiter characters eg "@" "#" caused QMeasure and certain other functions to fail because they are also recognised as "wildcard" characters by CAD. They have now been removed from the list of available delimiters.
9. BricsCAD - QPlants Settings - Label Content - Toggling constituent plants in Mix labels within drawing. Some of the longer mix labels would be deleted when removing the constituent plants from labels.
10. QPlantPARTNER - Schedule Import was broken further to format changes to PlantPARTNER Website.
11. QPlantPARTNER - Header instructions when "Import into Qscape" button is not available updated to reflect changes to PlantPARTNER website.
Version 9.3 11th March 2014
1. Windows Server – Qscape’s hkey current user registry hive now supports roaming. This is to optimise Qscape for Citrix environments (where users “roam” across multiple servers using the same Windows profile).
3. QBlocks - Further to the removal of the QBlocks Library from the "My Qscape Documents" folder in V9.2. The relevant folder "Qscape Blocks" was sometimes not removed/renamed when switching to "network" mode.
Version 9.2 21st February 2014
12. QMeasure - Key/Legend - Checkbox added to allow either entity descriptions or partial layer name to be used in the key.
13. QMeasure - Key/Legend – Checkbox added to allow conversion of text to uppercase.
14. Four new hatch boundary visibility commands to enhance the existing hatch boundary visibility buttons. (These are command line only).
i) "qsoft_hb_on" - Makes just QSoft hatch boundaries visible.
ii) "qsoft_hb_off - makes just Qsoft hatch boundaries invisible.
iii) "qhard_hb_on" - Makes just QHard hatch boundaries visible.
iv) "qhard_hb_off - makes just QHard hatch boundaries invisible.
16. QMeasure - Key/Legends – Order - Soft landscape elements now (rightly) appear before hard landscape elements in the key.
17. QBlocks - The block library is now removed from the "My Qscape Documents" folder and has become part of the core Qscape program. The reason for this is to reduce the "My Qscape Documents" folder size from approximately 37Mb to approximately 2Mb. The thousands of blocks were adding unwanted “bloat” to the "My Qscape Documents" folder when it is meant to be highly portable for easy sharing. It will also improve login speeds for Cloud/Citrix environments as Qscape now has a much smaller Windows roaming profile presence. Unfortunately there is a small downside - it is now not possible now to write new files to QBlocks. If this is something you have been doing a backup of your blocks will be found in a Windows folder called "QBlocks Depreciated v9.2" adjacent to the "My Qscape Documents" folder in the Qscape Application Data folder on the local drive and the network (if applicable) too. This folder can be deleted after removing any blocks you wish to retain.
18. QPlants - When QPlants is undocked – its now not necessary to continually scroll to see the previously selected plant.
12. QPlants - PlantPARTNER - Schedule Import into Qscape failed due to changes on PlantPARTNER website.
13. BricsCAD V14 - QSettings - Optimise BricsCAD Settings – Change Model space to Black option failed due BricsCAD’s "bkgcolor" setting modifications.
14. QPlants - Adding Mix labels to a drawing - the right-click repeat didn't show the constituent species in the label (when using that setting).
15. QMeasure - Key/Legend - For block entities - the partial layername was used in the key rather than the entity's description (where defined).
16. QSoft - Poly m2 tab - Settings button - Tooltip was incorrectly displaying "QSoft Hatch Settings".
Version 9.1 12th January 2014
4. QSettings - Drawing Plot Scale - Change existing entities - Dialogue box would not initiate if a suffix has been added to all plant label layers.
5. QPlants - Plant Mixes Databases - Adding a Plant Mix label to a drawing failed, if there were empty space characters after the Mix spacing.
6. QPlants - PlantPARTNER - Product Import into Qscape - Plant Column Errors appeared due to changes to the PlantPARTNER website.
Version 9.0 6th November 2013
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2014 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· BricsCAD Pro/Platinum v11 to v14.
2. BricsCAD V14 now supported.
7. QMeasure/QSettings - Plant Schedule Running Order - User defined default running order was reset to factory setting when starting a new drawing.
8. Quick Plant ("QP" Command line function) - Error message appeared if the QPlants GUI was not also active.
Version 8.5 6th September 2013
1. Citrix only – “QCitrix_Optimise” command – this now turns off the osnap "Extension" setting (if enabled). This osnap setting was proving too resource intensive and often causing AutoCAD to crash.
1. QPlants - QPlantPARTNER - Product import failed due to PlantPARTNER website update. Schedule import was unaffected.
2. QSoft - Poly M2 tab - Automatic offset - Closed polylines drawn in a clockwise direction wrongly offset outwards rather than inwards. (Regression added v8.4)
3. QPlants - Hedges tab - Swapping one hedge species for another by clicking on a hedge label - The measurement unit "m" as in "26m Vib tin Hedge" wrongly changed to "m2".
4. QMeasure - Key/Legend tab - When rolling up the dialogue box - it would become truncated when rolled down again.
Version 8.4 31st July 2013
15. "QLicense" command - Launches Qscape with forced display of Qscape's "Welcome" dialogue box to allow the entering of new license keys. (Command line only).
16. "QRegister" command - Launches Qscape with forced display of Qscape's "Welcome" dialogue box with the "Register for License Key" button enabled. (Command line only).
17. Registering for a license key – Can now register directly from the Qscape interface over the internet. (NB Launch Email client option is now removed).
18. Registering for a license key - “I am an existing client” checkbox added to the dialogue box. This allows existing users to quickly register using just their email address rather than re-entering their data again.
19. QSoft/QHard - Block Settings - "Redefine Block" button added (under the Block Preview control). This feature allows Qscape block definitions to be quickly redefined rather than deleted and re-added to the database.
19. “Welcome” dialogue – Redesigned. Key amendments are as follows:
i. Simpler interface with more prominent “Launch Qscape” button.
ii. Message changed when there is 30 days or less to run to make it clearer that you can still use the software without entering a license key.
iii. Server/Computer name shown in the title bar. This is particularly useful for Cloud/Citrix environments when entering server specific license keys.
20. QSoft - Poly M2 tab – Using "Pick" drawing mode - automatic offset option added as per "Draw" and "Point" drawing modes.
21. QSoft/QHard - Hatch tab – Using "Pick" drawing mode -update hatch origin/angle option added as per "Draw" and "Point" drawing modes.
22. QSoft/QHard - Block Settings - Define Block actions simplified. User now simply selects objects out of the current drawing to make the desired block definition. (There are now no other options).
23. BricsCAD only - QPlants - Dialogue box failed to resize to its last known size when "escape" is pressed when adding a plant.
17. QMeasure - Cost Estimates - Export to Excel - Function returned an error if none of the landscape items within a drawing had a maintenance cost rate allocated to them.
18. QSoft - Favourites tab - "3 Lines" and "Extrude" tablet buttons served no purpose and so are now removed.
19. BricsCAD V13 only - QPlants - When adding a plant to the drawing and cancelling (pressing “Escape”) - the dialogue box "seized up" and it was necessary to relaunch.
20. QPlants - Settings - Palette Actions - Upload to Dropbox - Function failed if QDropbox had not been already launched in the drawing session.
21. QPlants - PlantPARTNER - Plant/Schedule Import - When importing topiary specimen plants - the plant sizings/spacings were incorrect.
Version 8.3 13th June 2013
1. AutoCAD 2014 only - First time installations - Typing "qscape" on the command line failed due to Autodesk moving “ApplicationPlugins" folder from “c:/Program Files...” “c:/ProgramData...” NB command worked if a legacy copy of AutoCAD 2012 remained on the pc.
Version 8.2 8th June 2013
1. Cloud/Citrix environment - "QCITRIX_OPTIMISE" – command line only function that optimises AutoCAD's settings for Citrix working based on Autodesk's recommendations found at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16755552&linkID=9240617 (and personal observations).
2. Cloud/Citrix environment - "QCITRIX_UNOPTIMISE" - command line only function that optionally reverts AutoCAD's settings back to AutoCAD's default settings after using the “QCITRIX_OPTIMISE” command.
1. Qsettings - Local/Network mode - In network mode - Target “My Qscape Documents” folder's write permissions are now checked before Qscape attempts to connect to it. If Qscape doesn't have necessary write permissions to connect to the folder - a warning message is displayed and Qscape reverts back to “local” mode rather than Qscape attempting to connect to the folder and throwing an error.
1. QPlants - Label Content Settings - Swapping label modes from a non default label mode such as "Quantity and Full Name" to the default "Quantity and Abbreviation" - the labels’ extended entity was not deleted causing unexpected results when swapping back to a non default label mode, assuming the label had been manually edited or "Find and Replace" plant labels function had been used. (Regression added in V8.0).
Version 8.1 24th May 2013
1. BricsCAD V13 (64 bit version) - With some users, Qscape would think its unlicensed due to the Bricscad x64 lisp engine being true 64 bit software and therefore handling large integers differently. NB This difference in behaviour is not a bad reflection of BricsCAD x64, quite the opposite, it tells us that AutoCAD x64’s lisp engine is surprisingly only 32 bit enabled.
Version 8.0 16th May 2013
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2014 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· Bricscad Pro/Platinum v11 to v13.
1. AutoCAD 2014 now supported.
3. BricsCAD V13 – Support for 64 bit version.
4. AutoCAD – 32 bit software now supported on 64 bit pc. (Not recommended, added for continuity reasons with BricsCAD).
5. QPlants - New button - QLeader_Reattach - This button (at bottom of the dialogue box) reattaches leaders to Qscape plant labels if they become unattached.
1. "Welcome" dialogue - "Register for License Key" form. Clarification added for users who are using web-based email clients such as gmail, yahoo etc. (They need to save the form as a text file and email it separately).
2. QSoft/QHard - Lassoo function - Speed enhancements. (Designed to reduce lag times in Cloud/Citrix environments, but regular users will benefit too.)
3. QSoft/QHard - "Pick Point" drawing modes - Speed enhancements. (Designed to reduce lag times in Cloud/Citrix environments, but regular users will benefit too.)
4. QMeasure - Cost Estimates/Plant Schedules - export to CSV - If Excel isn't accessible to the user - Qscape creates a ".csv" (comma separated values) file instead. CSV files can be opened by Excel or other database packages. (Designed for Cloud/Citrix Environments where Microsoft Office may not be installed on the relevant server.)
1. QMeasure - Cost Estimating - If the "Public" or "Private" Modes have been used to draw landscape entities - The generated cost estimate section called "SOFT LANDSCAPE IMPLEMENTATION FOR PUBLIC AREAS" would be mis-named "SOFT LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE FOR PUBLIC AREAS". This had the added side-effect of causing the export cost estimate to Excel function to crash.
2. QSettings - Plant Schedule Running Order – If changing the plant schedule running order and having the “set as default” checkbock ticked. The dialogue would crash when “Apply” is pressed and the default is not changed. (Although the running order would be updated for the active drawing).
3. BricsCAD V13 only - QPlants - Automatic Background Mask - failed.
4. BricsCAD V13 only - QPlants - Plant labelling - failed when not using the default label content mode of "Quantity and Abbreviation".
5. Cloud/Citrix Environments - Start up - It was necessary to press "enter" on the command line half way through Qscape's startup to finish the process.
6. QPlants - Label Content Settings - Swapping label modes - for instance from "Quantity and Full Name" to "Quantity and Abbreviation" - function failed where plant labels had been manually created or edited and a new line feed format character (user pressed enter) was used. This also affected the Plant Scheduling program as it failed to read manually edited labels which had more than one line. For instance Plant Mix labels. (Regression added v7.0).
7. BricsCAD only - Plant Label leaders - Leaders would detach from plant labels when not working in the default "Plant Label Content" mode of "Quantity and Abbreviation" when the label was updated for instance by changing mode or using "Find and Replace plants" or "+1".
8. QMeasure - Export Plant Schedule to Excel - If the "Form" column in the Trees database is not being used. The "Girth/Height" and "Specification" information appeared in the wrong columns in Excel.
9. QSoft/QHard - Settings buttons - Tooltips were incorrect.
Version 7.1 22nd March 2013
1. QMeasure - Key/Legend tab - Checkbox to control inclusion/exclusion of entities within "Ignore" polygons.
1. QSoft/QHard Hatch boundary visibility/invisibility functions - speed improvements. Will be more noticeable in large drawings.
1. QMeasure - Make Plant Schedule / QSettings - Plant Schedule Running Order - Occasionally the running order got corrupted if working on legacy drawing and only "Bulb/Wildflower Mixes" and "Aquatic/Marginal Mixes" would be the only items measured. As these categories are not widely used it appeared plant scheduling was failing completely. This could be fixed by going into QSettings - Plant Schedule Running Order and pressing the "Reset to factory settings" button and then "Apply". However after this update - this issue shouldn't arise again.
2. QMeasure - Make Cost Estimate/Make Plant Schedule - If a cost estimate/plant schedule was generated whilst in paperspace, entities enclosed by "Ignore" lines were still measured.
3. BricsCAD only – QMeasure – Make Cost Estimate - Entities which were intersected by "Ignore" polygons were incorrectly ignored by the measuring program. (Entities should be 100% within "Ignore" polygons to be ignored).
Version 7.0 7th March 2013
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2010 to 2013 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· Bricscad Pro/Platinum v11 to v13.
1. BricsCAD V13 now supported. (Version 13.1.20 and later).
2. AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD 2009 and BricsCAD V10 – not supported. This is due to logistical issues and lack of demand. Refer to email circular issued 27th November 2012.
3. QMeasure - Plant Schedule tab - New error checking "traffic light" added. The traffic light works as follows:
· Shows "red" if a plant schedule could not be created and gives the reason why.
· Shows "amber" if a plant schedule could be created but unmeasured plant labels were found in the drawing. The labels wont be measured if a match for the plant abbreviation could not be found in the plant palette. This is because the label has been incorrectly manually edited or the abbreviation has been changed/removed in the plant database.
· Shows "green" if a plant schedule was created without any known issues.
4. QMeasure - Plant Schedule tab - New error fixing tools. The new tools are:
· "Textbox" buttons – put/remove textboxes around unrecognised plant labels in the drawing so they can be easily identified.
· "Zoom" buttons – zoom/unzoom to unrecognised plant labels.
5. "QCheckLabels" - New function (command line only) to check for manual edits of plant labels (if not using default "Quantity + Abbreviation" label content mode). Procedure is not fail-safe and should only be used as a last resort. Plant labels should not be manually edited if using the non-default label content mode because they contain hidden extended entity data and therefore cannot be treated as simple Multiline Text CAD entitites.
1. QSoft/QHard - Hatches - Qscape now leaves CAD's "measurement" variable unchanged. The variable governs the scaling of native hatches in CAD. (Qscape hatches are not affected, by this variable). Changing the variable sometimes caused inconsistent (native) hatch scales in drawings when worked on by Qscape and non-Qscape CAD stations.
2. QPlants/QSettings – Plant Label Content Setting - Warning regarding editing plant labels in non-default mode made clearer and a small "help" button added to give further information.
3. Bricscad v11 only - QSoft/QHard Hatch tab settings - Hatch preview message changed from "Hatch Previews available soon" to "Hatch Previews are available for Bricscad V12 onwards".
4. Start_Up – Further enhancements to CAD platform compatibility checks with message boxes and more options if the CAD platform is incompatible.
5. QSoft/QHard Settings + QBlocks - Block Previews background colours set to reflect the colour of model space/paper space as relevant.
1. QMeasure - Plant Schedule tab - Error listbox - Mtext format characters appeared in the Error listbox if the plant labels had been manually reformatted eg italics added. This was particularly noticeable in AutoCAD 2012 where the format characters appeared even if the mtext had been manually edited without changing the format. (This is due to a bug in Autocad 2012).
2. QMeasure - Cost Estimates tab - Typo in the generated cost estimate stated "GRAND TOTAL FOR SOFTWORKS EXCLUDING MAINTENANCE" should have read "GRAND TOTAL FOR SOFTWORKS INCLUDING MAINTENANCE".
3. QTools - QDropbox - Uploading files to cloud - vbscript Message Box failed to initiate to alert user that the upload has finished. (The upload still worked though).
4. QPlants - Plant Mixes, Aquatic/Marginal Mixes, Bulb/Wildflower Mixes tabs - Plant pick events failed when QPlants was in "USED" mode (showing only plants used in the drawing). (Regression added in v6.7).
5. QMeasure - Plant Schedules tab - duplicate sections of the newly created "Aquatic/Marginal Mixes" and "Wildflower/Bulb Mixes" plant groups appeared in the newly generated plant schedules.
6. Bricscad only - Bug where by empty spaces appeared in Bricscad file support path. This did not affect Bricscad operation, but was bad practice.
7. Bricscad only - Bug where by sometimes Bricscad Help did not work because the Help folder was omitted from the file support paths. Qscape now checks for the folder on startup and if it cannot be found - adds it to the file support paths.
8. QPlantPARTNER - Schedule Import - failed due to changes to PlantPARTNER website.
9. Bricscad only - QSoft/QHard Settings + QBlocks - Block previews did not work if CAD’s model space colour was set to white.
Version 6.11 17th January 2013
1. QMeasure - Make Plant Schedules - If not using the default "Quantity and Abbreviation" mode for plant labels' display state - if the plant schedule measuring program did not recognise the plant abbreviation (for instance if the plant label abbreviation has been incorrectly manually edited or the abbreviation name has been changed in the plant database since creating the planting plan) - the label/abbreviation did not appear in the "non-recognised plant label list" on the "Plant Schedule" tab even though it was not measured.
Version 6.10 16th January 2013
1. Qscape updates - Procedure failed for those using Qscape versions older than v6.2.
Version 6.9 14th January 2013
1. QPlants - "Find and Replace Plant labels" - The "Replace" function continually returned the message that it cannot replace the chosen plant label.
Version 6.8 3rd January 2013
1. QPlantPARTNER - With apologies, the Schedule Import fix introduced in v6.7 continued to fail.
Version 6.7 14th December 2012
1. QPlants - Plant/Hedge Mix Labels - Option to include the Mix's constituent plants/quantities with in the actual plant label on the drawing. This function is accessed via a new checkbox in QPlants - Settings - "Label Content".
2. QPlants - Two new plant tabs added - "Aquatic/Marginal Mixes" and "Bulb/Wildflower Mixes". NB They are turned off by default and can be turned on in QPlants>Settings.
3. QMeasure - Plant Schedule Tab – Compact Plant Schedules option - Checkbox added to allow creation of compact plant schedules. This is useful if there is a shortage of space in a drawing.
1. QMeasure- Cost Estimating - Speed improvements. This will be more noticeable on large drawings.
2. First time installations - do not require drag and drop of "Start Qscape.lsp" into the CAD screen. Simply type "qscape" onto CAD's command line after running the installer.
3. Installer - now "Microsoft Authenticode signed" – this is to prevent disparaging Windows messages when downloading/launching the Qscape installer.
4. Installer - graphics now personalised to Qscape.
5. Start_Up - Qscape now checks that a supported CAD version is being used and warns user if the current CAD is not supported (rather that throwing an error).
1. QPlantPARTNER - Schedule/Plant import failed – This was due to PlantPARTNER website updates.
2. QMeasure - Cost Estimating - Client drawings with large number of drawing entities associated with each other in "Groups" caused the measuring program to crash.
Version 6.6 9th October 2012
1. QDropbox - Uploading files to the Cloud failed because Dropbox changed their site and made it more secure.
2. Bricscad only - Occasionally when relaunching Qscape - user would be alerted that Qscape is missing a vital component and please re-download it. (Restarting Bricscad would solve the issue). Please report if this issue continues to occur.
3. QAbout - A few button tooltips such as "Pdf User Manual" and "File a Support Request" were incorrect.
Version 6.5 30th August 2012
1. QTools - "QScalebar" button - Adds correctly sized scale bars to the paperspace of a drawing.
1. QPlants - Hedges - Spacing information in the database is now optional. This is useful for non standard hedging such as an Instant Hedge, where perhaps you only want a length measurement.
2. QPlants – Column Header tablet buttons - eg Abbr, Name, Spacing etc – Fore colour now made darker - so easier to read on Windows XP operating systems.
1. QPlants - Find and Replace Plant Labels - Tree Labels did not appear in the plant filter Dropdown boxes (when using the "Trees" group filter).
2. QPlants - Succulents tab - selecting succulents actually brought in plants from bulbs/wildflowers database rather than the succulents database.
3. QHard - "Draw Edge Line", "Draw Dashed Edge Line" and "Draw Private Line" buttons drew the polylines on the current layer rather than the correct layer.
Version 6.4 17th July 2012
1. QTools - QDropbox - (new button on toolbar with little blue box) - This a "Cloud" based file sharing service through Qscape's Dropbox Account (which has been set up specifically for this purpose). QDropbox allows you to share files over the "Cloud". There is no need to zip files up before uploading as Qscape automatically puts a zip wrapper around the files before uploading. A unique download code is generated which allows others to download the files. QDropbox is also designed to allow the automated export/import of Qscape’s "My Qscape Documents" folder and Plant Palettes (for instance with a subconsultant using Qscape).
2. QSettings - My Qscape Documents - Export/Import – This is a new dialogue that allows the export/import of your “My Qscape Documents” folder as a zip file (for emailing etc) or alternatively over the Cloud using the technology in QDropbox (see item 1).
3. QPlants - Settings - Palette Actions - "Upload palette to Dropbox" and "Download palette from Dropbox" buttons added.
4. QMeasure – Costings hedge quantitification – An option has been added to the cost estimate settings to allow the calculation of hedge quantities from plant labels (rather than closed polylines). This option should only be used once plant labels have been added to a drawing. It is useful for smaller planting schemes where a small discrepancy between the hedge quantities in cost estimates and the plant schedule maybe noticeable.
5. QMeasure - Quantities/Costs Tab - Exporting Cost Estimates to Excel - On the pre-export dialogue there is now a checkbox to allow the suppression of item numbering in Excel cost estimates. This is useful if you are doing a lot of copy and pasting and manual adjustments to the Excel document and don’t want it pre-numbered.
1. QPlants - Hedges - the estimated of hedge lengths (when derived from the perimeter of a closed polyline) has been tweaked. NB The function assumes hedge beds have a width of between 0.8m to 1.2m.
2. QMeasure – Costings - hedge quantification - The quantities are now derived in the same way as when inputting hedge labels with the same "rounding up". This should reduce discrepancies in hedge quantities between Plant Schedules and Cost estimates (when not using the calculate hedge quantities from plant labels option (see item 4 above).
3. QPlants - Running osnaps/esnaps are automatically suppressed when adding plant labels to the drawing.
4. QSettings – “QPlants - Palette Actions” can now be accessed from the QSettings dialogue (as well as from QPlants) for continuity reasons.
5. QBlocks - Dialogue given a minor refresh (checkboxes replaced with tablet style buttons) as recently undertaken with the other Qscape GUI’s.
1. Startup splash screen - If using Qscape in "Network" mode and the "My Qscape Documents" folder cannot be found - Qscapes startup "splash" screen failed to close.
2. QPlants - Settings - Palette Actions – When importing a plant palette - the "Select Palette files" dialogue did not work properly.
3. QBlocks - Adding Block to the library - When adding a block to the library using the "Select a drawing file" option. If a file wasn't selected - the QBlocks dialogue would disappear and not reappear until Qscape was relaunched.
Version 6.3 13th June 2012
1. QPoly2 Toolbar - Osnap and Ortho Toggle buttons added - This is the toolbar that automatically pops up when drawing polylines from QSoft and QHard.
1. QSoft/QHard – Point Mode - Osnap is now temporarily suppressed when using "point" mode (this also applies when drawing lassoos).
2. Program Startup – The current drawing’s linear Units setting (“lunits” variable) is automatically set to decimal (2).
1. QSettings - Local/Network Settings - Copying the local folder "My Qscape Documents" to a shared network folder - Progress bar would show a not responding message. Progress Bar is now removed as it was confusing and could cause user to press "escape" and break the routine, causing an incomplete copy of "My Qscape Documents" to be made which could subsequently cause Qscape operation issues.
2. QSettings - Local/Network Settings - Copying Network folder of "My Qscape Documents" to the local folder - The folder was not copied.
3. QSoft/QHard - Blocks Tab - "Angle" Button - When depressed, it did not give the user the option to define the block angle when inputting a (non-defined) block for the first time. (It worked correctly for already defined blocks).
4. Bricscad Pro v12 only - QSlope - The "QSlope" function (on QSoft and QHard) failed due to a minor bug in Bricscad v12 (tested on 12.2.5). Patch added (and bug reported to Bricsys).
5. Windows XP only - QSoft and QHard - Certain tablet buttons such as "Description", "multi", "offset", "angle" were almost invisible. (Regression added in v6.0).
Version 6.2 8th May 2012
1. QTools Toolbar - "QFlatten" button added. This functions flattens (Z values and elevations) of all entities in a drawing. It differs from other “flattening” routines because it retains the hatch associativity and label/leader associativity of entities. It also flattens to the World UCS XY plane rather than the current view plane. NB It does not flatten entities nested in blocks and xrefs.
1. QSettings - "Metre/Millimetres - Change existing drawing" - This function now closes the dialogue down prior to resizing the drawing (instead of hanging there, whilst the drawing is being rescaled). The user is now alerted when the resizing has finished.
2. QSettings - "Qscape's Default Layer settings" dialogue box - There is now an opportunity to add a Line Scale for default layers such as "Bed Division" polylines.
3. Bricscad only - QSettings - "Qscape's Default Layer settings" dialogue box - The Linetype and LineWeight select columns have been improved to be the same as those in QHard/QSoft Settings.
1. QSoft - List Contents Toggle - Failed to toggle the list contents on the "Poly m2" tab.
2. QSoft/QHard - Blocks Tab - "Angle" Button - When depressed, it did not give the user the option to define the block angle when inputting a (non-defined) block for the first time. (It worked correctly for already defined blocks).
3. QSoft/QHard - Draw Polyline Buttons - eg “Draw Bed Division Line” - Reset the drawing's "Ltscale" variable rather than "CeLtscale" variable. This resulted in all polylines to regenerate temporarily when drawing a polyline. This was more noticible when drawing in mm with complex polylines. This also slowed down the drawing.
4. QSoft/QHard - All Tabs - ListBox pick - When clicking on a listbox to select an entity to add to the drawing, if an empty line was selected - a CAD error message appeared. NB If an entity has previously been selected (and is therefore already highlighted in the listbox)- clicking on a blank line simply causes the already highlighted entity to be inputted in to the drawing.
Version 6.1 26th April 2012
1. QMeasure – New tab - Key/Legend Tab. This is a new tab added to QMeasure which allows the automatic generation of keys/legends based upon the Qscape entities used in a drawing.
1. The default Qscape layers "QD-Text" and "QD-Text-Plant Schedule" (which are the allocated layer names for imported schedules) can now have their layer properties eg colour changed in QSettings>Qscape's Default Layer Settings.
2. QSoft/QHard - Hatches - Hatching is now faster in large sized drawings.
1. QPlants - Settings - Plant Label Content - Changing the Plant Label content from the default (Quantity + Abbreviation) failed for plant abbreviations beginning with "N" eg Nymphaea 'Gonnère' would fail. (Luckily there appears to be very few plants beginning with "N", which is probably why this bug has remained undetected for so long!).
2. QSoft/QHard - Hatches - When drawing hatches with the "Angle" button/checkbox pressed to specify the hatch origin and direction. If "Escape" is pressed the wrong Qscape Error handler was activated and the dialogue boxes didnot revert back to their original states.
3. QSoft - Hatch tab - "Adjust Hatch origin/angle" and "Match Hatch origin/angle" buttons - did not make QSoft temporarily invisible (like for QHard) when pressed. (This is done to aid viewability when selecting items in the drawing).
4. "QTools" toolbar - "QJoin" - This function is a quick and easy way to join polylines, you simply select all the polylines/lines in one and the routine does the rest. This routine failed in Bricscad v11 and v10. Additionally there is an inbuilt fuzz factor so polylines do not have to be "snapped" together. This fuzz factor did not work properly when drawing in mm. NB Fuzz factor was introduced in Bricscad v12, so with previous versions of Bricscad - the polylines still need to be snapped together.
5. AutoCAD 2011 onwards only - QSoft/QHard - Hatching – The AutoCAD system variable “hplayer” (introduced in AutoCAD 2011), would override the fill layer of Qscape hatches (if set to a value other than default).
6. QMeasure - Measure and Ignore Polygons did not work if their "linetype generation" property was retrospectively enabled by the user.
Version 6.0 16th April 2012
Supported CAD versions
· AutoCAD 2008 to 2013 (and verticals such as AutoCAD Architecture).
· Bricscad Pro/Platinum v10 to v12.
1. AutoCAD 2013 now supported.
2. QHard/QSoft interfaces refreshed. NB - The “Toolbar” checkbox has been removed. This setting can be accessed in QSettings – “QSoft/QHard – Show QPoly toolbar”.
3. QSoft – Now (optionally) includes “Descriptions” (like QHard). You can now give fuller descriptions to soft landscape entities rather than just a layer name.
4. QSoft – Now includes a “List Contents Toggle” (like QHard). You can now quickly toggle what is shown in the listboxes on each tab (eg “Hatch”, “Poly M2” etc). The values are:
iv. “All” – Shows all design entities defined in Qscape’s database.
v. “Checked” – Shows only the design entities which have a tick in the checkbox in the “Show/Hide” column in the settings of the relevant tab eg “Hatch”.
vi. “Defined” – Only shows those entities that are already defined in the drawing (they may not exist, but the layer is defined).
vii. “Used” – Only shows those entities that are physically in the drawing.